Tuesday, July 03, 2007

my legs burned. my feet were hot. my butt was sore. sweat was dripping down my face. my eyes stung with the salty drops dripping off my forehead. but i continued to peddle. faster, harder, longer pushes kept me going up the hills and across the flat areas. i pushed still, even downhill. my loyal steed didn't buck me off but kept on racing as we crossed each intersection as we pursued that next block.

as i rode into our parking lot, my hands left the handle bars and i stretched. my left hand grabbing my right elbow as i pulled my bicep into my throat, as if i'm choking myself. then switch hands and proceed to choke myself again with my left bicep. a deep lingering stretch. my ipod keeping me company whilst playing the soundtrack for the morning. yesh, it will be a different episode for this evenings ride.

i steer into the handicap parking, jump off the seat, lift up on the crossbar, saddle that aluminum body onto my right shoulder and bound up the front steps in one fluid motion. amazingly, i don't trip and make a complete fool out of myself. i don't need any help with that.

so now, shoes off and flip flops on, i feel good. i am a bit tired, but exercise does that. plus, i saved shelling out $2.74/g on a roundtrip drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping