Friday, March 16, 2007

ah, rainy days. i don't really like the rain of spring. i just want warm weather and summer to get here. i know that rain is important. i have to reseed some parts in my yard and the rain is free water for my grass. i do like summer rains though. i love the summer rain in the evening. i especially like them with thunder showers and lightning. they are great. the bolts shooting across the sky and a large boom afterwards. God's own show. the static in the air. that smell that enters my nostrils and puts a smile on my face. sorta like that beach smell.

when i was a kid and the spring rains would be pouring buckets upon us, my dad would pick up my brother and wombmate from school. he would ask us how our day went and if we had any homework to do. i loved it when we would get home on a rainy day, because my dad would then make us popcorn to eat while we did our homework at the kitchen table. and it wasn't that microwavable kind. it was the good stuff. made in the pan, and then later on, in the popper. he would add all the salt and butter, the buttery salt, lawry's, seasoned salt, etc. we would eat so much and drink our pepsi. afterwards, when the last kernels were popped and the only thing that would be left in that bowl was the salt, i would wipe my butter stained finger across that curved wall and gather as much salty goodness as possible and just enjoy that taste...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping