Thursday, May 18, 2006

...today, i had a moment of nostalgia rushing over me. as i was driving in to work, the smell of exhaust and midmorning heat hit me and a flood of memories raced back to me. instantly, i thought of cuba. the smells, the warmth (ok, the heat of the caribbean sun), the humidity, the ocean, the people, the old beat-up cars, the experiences that i have been blessed with. i wanna go back.

it's amazing the friendships that have formed. my good friend and cuban brother is always in the back of my mind. i often wonder how he and his family are doing; knowing that i will, oh yesh, i will see him again.

cuba seems to me like a home away from home now. the first time i went was the first time i was away for rin and b. it was hard to be away. i was wondering to myself:

"what am i doing here? what is the reason for me to be here? why did God call me to this place?" but now i understand the reasoning behind it.

it is always good to go, but there is that time when you just want to get back on the plane and head on home. but once you've been home and recuperated, you think about going back. . .

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

neat entry, steve

9:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to go back too. I love it there!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that really sounded "nostalgic" : evoked memories from back home! very well written piece, i shud day!
u travel a lot, dont u?
i intend to too once i have enuf moolah to :)

9:19 PM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

u travel a lot, dont u?

not as much as i would like to. but who knows what will happen in the next couple of years. if you look on my sidebar, you can see where i've been.

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping