Thursday, February 14, 2008

frustration...

a week ago, i had to take my dog to the humane society due to personal issues. we had been on the waiting list for a month, since the county has adopted the "no kill" policy. i called last monday to find out if their was room for my dog and they said that i can bring him in on thursday. thursday came. it was a hard day. taking him in the car, he was excited to say the least. he loves car rides.

so i get to the humane society and leash him. start walking the pathway to the front door and get to the front counter. the girl behind the counter asks me my name and my dog's name. i give her the information. she hands me some forms to fill out. i scribble out the info, check the appropriate boxes and sign my name. a $45 surrender fee is asked for. i pay and she goes to find someone to lead him to the back. before he is taken away (he just wants to play) i pet him and tell him to be a good boy. another lady comes and puts her leash around his neck and she takes him away. to say the least, it was hard. seeing my dog taken away and being not my dog anymore. he is now the county's. the pain sat there for the rest of the day and finally subsided the next day.

>> fast forward to tuesday >>

my cell rings and it's the humane society calling. thinking to myself, "i wonder if he got adopted." i answer the phone.

"hello"
"hi, this is so-and-so from the humane society. we were wondering if you wanted to take your dog back?"
"er, what?!"
"well, he doesn't like being here. i know that he wants to go back home."
"i've already surrendered him. we made the decision and i can't take him back."
"yes you can. he just wants to go home."

this conversation goes on for at least five minutes. as if it wasn't hard enough to take him their in the first place, they have to call me and plead with me to take him back. is this standard practice to call all previous owners of animals and lay a guilt trip on them?

"he's a great dog, but due to personal issues, i can't take him back."

she then proceeds to tell me that he is having a hard time adjusting and this and that. i tell her the same thing again, but she seems to ignore me and tells me that he wants to go home.

"does like children?"

where did that come from? halfway through the conversation, the topic of children popped up and then left. apparently, she didn't even read the paperwork that i filled out because i wrote down that he is good with cats, other dogs and children. i think she understood that i was unrelenting in my decision and she became short with me.

"i guess i'll have to work harder with him. bye."

frustration...

1 Comments:

Blogger Steph said...

how sad. poor sisi.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping