Friday, October 27, 2006

i just got back from the post office and i don't understand those folk. the lady that was helping me (i've never seen her before) told me the price and i pulled out my card. she asked if it was debit or credit. i told her "credit, please." she looked at the back of the card and lo and behold:

"it has to be signed for credit."

some of you may remember a previous episode that i had with a doood (drawn out for emphasis) earlier this year. read about it and then come on back. from the time that i signed it then,
seeing as how my plastic gets used on a rather frequent basis, my signature had worn off the back of the card.

i don't understand the whole "signing in front of" thought process. i mean, true, it is a good idea. the signature does help against fraudulent charges and other such things. but, c'mon, if i sign the back of my card in your presence, of course the signatures are going to match. that's why people are supposed to check your identification. to make sure you are who you are. one of my cards has my picture on the back so that i don't have to sign it. but i've been told that i have to. "why?" i ask. my picture is on the card.

3 Comments:

Blogger thehotrodqueen said...

here in ca they just check your driver's license. also i don't sign the back of my cards, instead they say 'check id'. most of the cards i see in the book store are also marked with the same thing instead of a signature. sounds like you got quite a stickler for some stupid rule (that may or may not be a real rule).

5:33 PM  
Blogger traveling spud said...

Postal worker says it all

5:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to see sticklers for rules, be in a home owner association (did anybody see "Over the Hedge"? Well, some of the folks are upset about it here, and they have asked me to run for the HOA Board of Directors. Not thrilled to do that, but if it will help my neighbors I guess I will.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping