Wednesday, March 22, 2006

i finally got one of my junipers that i had from a couple years back. I've been waiting for spring to get here so i can start back up with my bonsai.

It was a very small tree, but it has grown quite a bit. It is 3 years old. It's ok though, since i'll be able to do more shaping of it and see more of it. i don't know what style i am going to do yet. maybe a cascade? i have an idea of a cascade with an upright. i have the image in my head, but let's see if i can actually shape it that way.

i have started a photo journal for my records on the trees for this year. for each tree, i will have:

species, date aquired, contact (how i aquired the tree), propagation and age. below will be a listing of what i want to do with the tree and notes on specific things. for every tree, there will be a page on it, so i can keep track on how old it is and if it was a store bought speicman, a cutting, a seed or a graft.

there are also going to be pictures of the tree when i first get them to changes that are done to them too. mainly, i want to do this to show progression of the tree.

I have my stock in the backyard now, so i have more photos to take and more entrys to write. But what will be nice is when i don't have to guesstimate on a tree. I do know where all of mine have come from, but down the road, i'll be wondering where, when, who and what.

i should be receiving my new stock here soon. it should be sent in the next week (i hope), so that will be more into the book as well.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck!
and i'm a total novice with camera, i have no add ons for it yet! the first time i held a digicam in hand was 5 months back!

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping