Thursday, December 22, 2005

last night, about 8 o'clock, i received a call. it was a survey about how i get my news. what i read or watch. i figured, "ah, a couple questions...no biggie." so the girl on the other end starts asking the questions in a monotone "i hate my job" voice. very exciting, eh? meanwhile, my daughter, h, was wired with caffine and basically jumping off and on the couch, climbing the table and other mischief.

now the operator is asking these questions and i can barely hear her. so i keep asking, "what was that" or "can you repeat that". i can tell that she is getting bothered with the noise on my end. i decide to put a stop to this survey, so i ask, "how many more questions are there? i have to get my daughter to bed."

her response: "this survey usually takes 15 minutes. is there a better time for us to call you so you can finish this?"

"hahah....hmmm," i think to myself. "what day am i not going to be home?"

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have cell phones so we don't get telemarketer calls anymore but for a few months we got a regular phone line (requirement to sign up for a credit card) and whenever the telemarketers would call I would just tell them that my mommy wasn't home.

3:41 PM  
Blogger tenacious phenmonkey said...

hahah....

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



high score: 152,275

no pooping